Open Skating 2020-21: October 15, 2020 - April 1, 2021
Thursdays, 8:30-9:50 am
No open skating on November 26, December 24, 31, January 7, March 11. Schedule subject to change without notice.
Student and Public Skating COVID-19 Policies (Updated October 12, 2020)
Requirements for Entry
- A valid Michigan Tech Student ID
- All students must fill out the COVID-19 Daily Symptom Tracking Form before arriving
- Face covering at all times (even while skating)
- Hockey or bicycle helmet
- No skate rental available.
- All students must go to the Ticket Office first to tap their ID to verify current student status and acknowledge completion of the daily symptom tracker. The patron will receive a dated wristband to put on at the window and then show the Skate Guard for admission to the ice.
Ice Arena and Skating Session Rules
- Obey the Skate Guards' instructions or you could lose your skating privileges.
- Maximum 10 participants. First come, first serve.
- Follow designated traffic patterns and use proper entry/exit doors.
- MTU is not responsible for personal belongings and lost or stolen items.
- Locker rooms will not be available, but an area to put skates on will be provided.
- All patrons need to arrive just prior and exit immediately after the session. Lobby gatherings will not be permitted.
- Water bottles and tissue boxes cannot be shared between participants.
- You must have ice skates on at all times when you are on the ice.
- Figure skating tricks should be done in the center, not near the edges.
- No hockey sticks, pucks, or balls.
- No skating against traffic.
- No sitting on boards or throwing objects on ice (ie snowballs).
- No speed skating, pushing, pulling, trains, conga lines, chase or tag games.
- No food or beverages allowed on the ice.
- No abusive or profane language.
- No tobacco (smoked or chew).
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED FOR YOUR SAFETY AND EQUAL ENJOYMENT OF THE FACILITY.