Support the Huskies even if you can’t make it to The MacInnes Student Ice Arena or The SDC Gym this season! Due to capacity limitations, we thought it was important to find a way for Husky Fans from all over the world to still be able to show their support. Have a custom fan cutout of yourself, a friend, or a family member in The MacInnes Student Ice Arena or The SDC Gym all season long. Fan Cutouts are $45.
- While we can't guarantee locations at this time, we'll do our best to place orders at similar times in similar locations within the stadium.
- Michigan Tech Athletics reserves the right to reject any photo for any reason. If your photo is rejected, an athletics staff member will contact you about obtaining a new photo.
- In the event of an event cancellation, your cutout will be held and placed at the next available event in The MacInnes or Varsity Gym.
Order dates will be from November 20-January 29 to have your cutout placed in The MacInnes Student Ice Arena or SDC Gym.
CHOOSING YOUR HUSKY ATTIRE:
- Team colors and jerseys are encouraged!
- A shirt color on the same color background will make you look like a floating head.
- Wearing a hat too low will cast a shadow on your eyes and conceal your face.
- If you want to wear a hat, make sure there is a good source of light in front of your face.
- If you wear glasses, try tilting or angling your face to avoid glare on your glasses. Avoid using the flash, as well.
SELECTING A BACKGROUND:
- For best results use a solid-color background -- use a sheet or blanket if you don’t have a wall that will work.
- Avoid backlighting -- don’t stand in front of a window or a door with your back to them.
- Keep personal or private information off of the walls or objects behind you. While photos will be cropped, we can’t guarantee that all backgrounds will be removed from these photos.
SNAPPING THE PICTURE:
- Have someone else take your picture. Selfies don’t crop well.
- Photos taken by smartphones should work. When submitting the photo, make sure it is as large as possible. Don’t compress the file.
- The preferred file size can be found below.
- Include some space around your head and shoulders so that your body is not chopped off.
- Stand 3-4 feet away from the camera/phone, and have the photo taken at your eye level.
- Photos should be taken in vertical (portrait) format.
- Holding up a foam finger or keys in preparation for a key play won’t show up if it’s beyond your shoulders.
PHOTO SUBMISSION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- One person per photo (no selfies - have someone else take your picture).
- Photos must be submitted in portrait mode.
- Michigan Tech apparel and colors are encouraged (no opponent logos and/or colors will be accepted)
- No political advertising or messages.
- No alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons.
- No personal information (address, email, addresses, phone numbers, social media accounts, or names) will be permitted
- No lewd, inappropriate, or offensive photos.
- No arms may be raised in the photos - you may have props (pompoms, foam fingers, etc., but they should stay below your head and within the width of your body).
- Michigan Tech Athletics has the right to refuse any submissions deemed inappropriate.
Michigan Athletics reserves the right to reject any photo that it determines, in its sole discretion, violates these guidelines or is otherwise offensive, lewd, derogatory, infringing, discriminatory, or otherwise inappropriate. If your photo is rejected, an athletics staff member will contact you about obtaining a new photo.